Monday, March 8, 2010

A very Happy Birthday!

It was my son's 1st Birthday last week (sniffle sniffle sniffle). They are always so hard but I do enjoy throwing a good party. I wanted to share with you a few of the cute things I did for the party. I decided to go with an all BLUE theme and really baby boy it up. I had little sippy cups for the "Kiddie Cocktails", "Johnny's Jams" - a take home CD of his favorite music (paid for appropriately and legally). Everyone took home a cupcake too "A little treaty, from our sweetie". And what's a party without the Martha Stewart pom poms? It was so much fun!Blue was such a fun these to go with. I found way too many fun things to incorporate. The banner and pinwheel hats were my favorite. Add a little extra to the party always makes it memorable. We had "Naughty Nillas", "Johnny Juice" "Party Puffs" (see previous blog for recipe) and lots of cute decor. We took the theme from the three fold birthday announcement/invitation. With both of my children I felt like the first year was not only a celebration for them but an accomplishment for our family. WE DID IT (see adult beverages!)

Parties don't have to be stressful to throw mix a little creativity along with fun and you can enjoy yourself. When you enjoy yourself and your party everyone else does too!

Happy parties all!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE everything Marissa! What a fabulous job you did. Hats are adorable! I am seriously crushing on those little pennant flags in the cupcakes. Did you make them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all. Such a simple theme and it all turned out well.

    ReplyDelete