Monday, January 25, 2010

The NON-Dairy Godmother

So, I am the Non-Dairy Godmother of The Smith Girls. Yes, I am a mother (2 step-daughters & 1 of my own) however, I have a somewhat different perspective than my sisters.

Since my daughter was 8 weeks old, I have worked full-time. Currently I work as an RN/Manager of a LARGE OB/GYN office, and I think I've seen/heard just about everything! Most recently I laughed when I thought maybe one of my sisters was calling, but this lady chose to go unidentified...she preceded to tell me she's on Birth Control (type unknown) and that she has taken 3 home pregnancy tests...ALL POSITIVE results. She asked, with a shaking voice, "that isn't possible...IS IT?". When I gave her the dreaded news "Yes it is possible" I could just picture her sinking down on the couch as one of my sisters did the day she realized she was pregnant (yet again, and sooner than anticipated for her 2nd child). She then continued to have a mini-mental breakdown with me over the telephone about how she already has 2 very young children, and this isn't possible, and what is she going to do, and what should she do because surely these 3 tests couldn't be right. Ladies...I'm here to tell you...It's possible! I've even had a young girl present to the office with an Ultrasound that confirmed the presence of a fetal heartbeat that still denied that she had sex...EVER! I can't say that I've met Mary (Jesus's Mom), but in my field I think I've come close on a day or 2 to a few "miracles".

FYI...(and this is my Professional piece of information) there's no absolute 100% safe Birth Control Method other than the one we all chose to observe for a while after the birth of our children...ABSTINANCE! Too bad our husbands don't understand how much that scares the poop out of us!

1 comment:

  1. Are you posting this on behalf of Crystal Palin? Yes, abstinance. From my children being 30 minutes apart in age you can tell I wasn't the sister practicing that.

    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete