Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spa dates to play dates

The day before I gave birth to Annabelle (our first born) I went for my usual manicure and pedicure. After proclaiming my love to the 5'' tall Oriental man that could have massaged my feet and hands until death do us part, I realized I hated the polish color he used. I vividly remember sweat beading up on my forehead as I thought about what awful things the labor and delivery nurses would think of my nail color. What trash they would think I was and not give me good treatment becuase of the retched color on my nails.
Well needless to say the nurses were amazing and that was the last mani/pedi I had for a LONG time. The closest thing I've had to a manicure is my nails stained orange from my son's babyfood carrots. Our lives change so quickly as we go through different stages. Please let me illustrate my point. My current lunch dates consist of an indoor playground and many many antibacterial wipes. My dinner dates are full of break downs and diaper changes. These are the days of my life.
The little things we don't think about and how it changes as the seasons of our lives change. You may be doing the weekly mani/pedi or just be happy to have the luxury of brushed teath. Either way be thankful for where you are and relish in the moment. I myself may be more like fermenting in the moment but whatever suits you. "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it".
Enjoy your dates wheather it be a hot date, a play date or spa date. Happy dates all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for checking out PBD!

    Love this post... the spa days are few and far between, in fact- years in between-lol!!!

    ReplyDelete