Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthing A Blog...

So, living 600 miles apart (she in KY, I in KS), Marissa & I constantly joke that we should have walkie talkies, rather than cell phones. (Thank heaven for unlimited texts & minutes.) In addition to being sisters, Marissa & I have discovered a dear, priceless friendship...and that friendship has only grown deeper, since we have each taken on the title of "Mom." This new, high-ranking position carries with it tremendous responsibility, occasional stress & frequent laughter, among many other things. And no Mom can or should travel this journey alone. Marissa & I have blessed each other with countless phone calls, texts, e-mails and care packages and finally decided it was time to write it all down. Mostly, we have funny stories or witty ideas which have stemmed from our persistent, sleep-deprived states. But occasionally, we have a little wisdom to share, too.

And where did the name come from, Girls? Glad you asked. Marissa & I are both nursing moms (there's a story or two there, but you'll have to keep reading...). While preparing for a week-long Disney trip & cruise, in celebration of my in-laws' 50th Anniversary, my husband & I decided it would be best if we left our then 11 week-old daughter at home with my parents. However, being a breastfed baby, I realized having enough milk on hand would require a LOT more milk than I had stored in the freezer, up to that point. So, in honor of the nature of our trip and the Disney characters we would undoubtedly encounter, I dubbed myself Eliza's "Dairy Godmother." And out of that nickname springs (pardon the pun) the blog that Marissa & I have talked about for at least two years.

We don't have it all figured out & yes, perhaps we are a little bit crazy, but we hope that, in the very least, we will bring a smile to the faces of other moms. Moms who, like us, just need a little affirmation & encouragement to make it 'till naptime...or graduation. ;)

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned...

Blessings to you & your bunch,

Jayna, A Dairy Godmother

No comments:

Post a Comment