Monday, February 15, 2010

My first grey hair...

So...it's no secret. I'm 36. I got the greatest birthday gift, last year: our daughter, Eliza B. The night before she was born, I told Evan (at 10pm), "ya know that shower you were talking about taking? I think now would be a good time. We are going to the hospital, tonight." We arrived at the hospital at 11pm and it was 3 1/2 hours from "Huh...could it be? to...TA-DA!" Yup, no time for so much as a Tylenol. So I would consider myself a pretty strong, confident woman. I actually am kinda proud of my stretch marks...they are a sign of how my body grew, to accommodate these two fabulous, amazing little people. My body has changed a bit, after two pregnancies and 36 years on this earth. I'm OK with that. I have a good eye cream for the particularly rough mornings.

However...I have not yet come to terms with the idea of grey hair. I have not, up to this point discovered any on my head. That is, until I looked in the mirror, the other morning.

I was doing the usual whisker check of the chin & therefore getting an extreme close-up in the mirror when, much to my chagrin, I saw it: my first grey hair. There it was...peeking out of my left nostril.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the follow. I'm now following your beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete